Please note that the application for the Summer Institute Program includes a $10 nonrefundable application fee. The tuition for New York is $1,950 per student and Denver is $2,250 per student not including travel costs, scholarships are available. To apply, visit the online application and complete the steps. Please take note of the application deadline. An important part of the application process is the 1000-6,000 essay response.
The 2019 Summer Institutes:
Colorado Institute at University of Denver and Fountain Valley School Mountain Campus: Thursday, June 20 – Friday, June 28, 2019.
New York Institute at Horace Mann School & Manhattan College: Sunday, July 28 – Saturday, August 3, 2019.
Be prepared to answer these questions and provide information listed below:
- Student, Parent/Guardian, and Emergency Contact information.
- Which Summer Institute you would like to attend (Colorado or New York)
- Request for a Scholarship, if needed.
- Prepared answers to the following essay questions that you will cut and paste from your computer or device. (The application times out after 3 minutes so you won’t have time to draft these answers online.)
- Why do you want to attend the Institute?
- What do you expect to learn from your experience at the Institute?
- What community service or service learning projects are you currently doing in school or in your community?
- What are America’s greatest needs?
- Two References for Grab The Torch to contact.
- Pay the $10 application fee by entering payment information.
To access GTT’s secure online application please click here after you have drafted your answers to the essays above and gathered your information.
For additional questions about Grab The Torch Summer Institutes, please use the contact form below.
Grab The Torch is a 501 (c)(3) organization committed to public-private partnerships.